Db2 for z/OS installation and migration
Covering Db2 for z/OS, this course provides attendees with an effective introduction to the skills and knowledge required to implement a Db2 system. The planning, installation and setting up of a Db2 subsystem are discussed in detail, along with an overview of operational issues.
On successful completion of this course, attendees will be able to:
- understand planning considerations for installing, migrating, or updating a Db2 system;
- understand additional considerations when using distributed data facility or shared data;
- understand the installation process using the DSNTINS0 or DSNTINST CLIST, and the jobs it produces;
- understand additional considerations when migrating between Db2 releases;
- understand Db2 attachment installation, and implications with other non-Db2 systems;
- understand general day to day operation of the Db2 system.
This course is intended for system programmers and system administrators who wish to develop their knowledge and expertise in installing a Db2 for z/OS system.
A general understanding of Db2 would be beneficial to the full understanding of this course. In addition, familiarity with either CICS or IMS would also be of use. The course assumes knowledge and use of TSO and ISPF.
The following topics will be covered during this course:
- Db2 Overview
- Installation Planning
- Installation Overview
- Installation CLIST
- Installation Jobs
- Connecting to Db2
- Migration & Updating
- Distributed Data
- Db2 Operations
- Performance & Tuning
|INFO SESSION ET INSCRIPTION|