ITIL Planning, Protection & Optimisation (PPO)
The ITIL intermediate qualification: Planning, Protection and Optimization (PPO) certificate is a free-standing qualification, but is also part of the ITIL intermediate capability stream, and one of the modules that leads to the ITIL Expert in IT Service Management certificate. The purpose of this training module and the associated exam and certificate is, respectively, to impart, test, and validate the knowledge on industry practices in Service Management as documented in the ITIL Service Lifecycle core publications. The ITIL certificate in Planning, Protection and Optimization is intended to enable the holders of the certificate to apply the practices during the service management lifecycle.
Following completion of this unit, the candidate will know:
- The importance of Service Management as a practice concept and service transition principals, purpose and objective
- The importance of ITIL Planning, Protection and Optimization while providing service
- How all processes in ITIL Planning, Protection and Optimization interact with other service lifecycle processes
- The processes, activities, methods and functions used in each of the ITIL Planning, Protection and Optimization processes
- How to use the ITIL Planning, Protection and Optimization processes, activities and functions to achieve operational excellence
- How to measure ITIL Planning, Protection and Optimization
- The importance of IT security and its contributions to ITIL Planning, Protection and Optimization
- The technology and implementation considerations surrounding ITIL Planning, Protection and Optimization
- Challenges, critical success factors and risks associated to ITIL Planning, Protection and Optimization
(*) ITIL® is a registered trademark of OGC (Office of Government and Commerce).
Il n'y a pas de sessions publiques à ce moment. Nous organisons volontiers un cours en entreprise ou une session publique supplémentaire (en cas d'un nombre suffisant de participants). Intéressé? Veuillez contacter ABIS.
- Individuals who have attained the ITIL Foundation certificate in Service Management and who wish to advance to higher level ITIL certifications
- Individuals who require a deep understanding of ITIL certificate in Planning, Protection and Optimization processes and how it may be used to enhance the quality of IT service support within an organisation
- IT professionals that are working within an organisation that has adopted and adapted ITIL who need to be informed about and thereafter contribute to an ongoing service improvement programme
- Operational staff involved in Change Management, Release and Deployment Management, Service Validation and Testing, Service Asset and Configuration Management, Request Fulfillment, Service Evaluation and Knowledge Management, who wish to enhance their role-based capabilities. This may include but is not limited to, IT professionals, business managers and business process owners
Candidates wishing to be trained and examined for this qualification must already hold the ITIL Foundation certificate in IT Service Management which shall be presented as documentary evidence to gain admission.
It is also strongly recommended that candidates:
- Demonstrate familiarity with IT terminology and understand the context of Planning, Protection and Optimization management in their own business environment
- Have some experience of working in a service management capacity within a service provider environment, with responsibility relating to at least one of the following service management processes: Capacity Management Process - Availability Management Process - IT Service Continuity Management (ITSCM) Process - Information Security Management Process - Demand Management Process Challenges, Critical Success Factors and Risk Management for Service Planning, Protection and Optimization..
It is strongly recommended that candidates read the ITIL Service Lifecycle core publications in advance of attending training for the certification, and in particular the Service Transition and Service Operation books.
- Service Management as a practice
- Processes across the Service Lifecycle pertaining to the capability of Planning, Protection and Optimization management
- Capacity management as a capability to realise successful service design
- Availability management as a capability to realise successful service design
- IT Service Continuity Management as a capability to support overall Business Continuity Management
- Information security management as part of the overall corporate governance framework
- Planning, Protection and Optimization roles and responsibilities
- Technology and Implementation Considerations
- Challenges, Critical Success Factors and risks And specifically in the following key ITIL process and role areas
- Capacity Management
- Availability Management
- IT Service Continuity Management
- Information Security Management
- Demand Management
- Challenges, Critical Success Factors and Risk Management For Service Planning, Protection and Optimization
This intensive, interactive course consists of formal lecturing, discussions, exercises and test examination questions. The EXIN exam (included in the course fee) is organized the last day of the course (multiple choice, scenario-based examination).
SMME (accredited training company).
|INFO SESSION ET INSCRIPTION|