ITIL Operations Support & Analysis (OSA)
This is an intensive 5 day intermediate level course based on the Service Operation aspects of ITIL (*). The course explores in detail the key processes in Service Operation and how they fit within the service lifecycle.
The course fully prepares participants for the ITIL Operations Support and Analysis Intermediate Certificate examination.
The specific objectives of this course are to enable students to appreciate and understand:
- Service Management as a Practice and in particular Service Operation Principles
- The processes pertaining to Operational Support and Analysis across the Service Lifecycle with specific emphasis on the Service Operation processes
- The importance of Service Operation in contributing to quality IT services
- The requirements of the OSA intermediate exam.
(*) ITIL® is a registered trademark of OGC (Office of Government and Commerce).
Momenteel zijn er voor deze cursus geen publieke sessies gepland. Graag organiseren we een bedrijfssessie voor u of een extra publieke sessie (bij voldoende belangstelling). Geïnteresseerd? Gelieve dan ABIS te contacteren.
Intended for IT professionals working in an organisation that is using ITIL who wish to contribute to on-going service improvement through a deeper knowledge of the operational processes: Operational, Service Desk, Technical Management, IT Operations Management and Application Management staff and IT staff of all levels who are involved in the delivery or support of IT services.
Candidates must hold the ITIL Foundation certificate. Candidates should have familiarity with IT terminology, understand the context of Operational Support and have exposure working in the Service Management operational domain. It is strongly recommended that candidates read the ITIL Service Operation core publication in advance of attending the course.
- Brief introduction to and reasons for ITIL
- The OSA processes
- Event Management which defines any detectable or discernible occurrence that has significance for the management of the IT Infrastructure or the delivery of an IT service
- Incident Management which aims to bring services back to normal operations as soon as possible, according to agreed service levels
- Request Fulfilment which fulfils requests providing quick and effective access to standard services which business staff can use to improve their productivity
- Problem Management which prevents Incidents from happening, eliminates recurring Incidents and minimizes the impact of Incidents that cannot be prevented
- Access Management which grants authorized users the right to use a service, while preventing access to non-authorized users
- The four functions, Service Desk, Technical Management, Applications Management and IT Operations Control
- Technology and Implementation considerations
- Service Operation roles and responsibilities
- Challenges, Critical Success Factors and risks of Service Operation
- Examination practice, techniques, hints & tips.
This intensive, interactive course consists of formal lecturing, discussions, exercises and test examination questions. The exam (included in the course fee) is the last day of the course (multiple choice, scenario-based examination).
SMME (accredited training company).
|SESSIE-INFO EN INSCHRIJVEN|