At the end of this course, the delegate will be able to use the Oracle database by means of the SQL*Plus interface. He/she will be able:
- to use the SQL*Plus environment efficiently;
- to configure the SQL*Plus environment;
- to write simple queries;
- to handle, adapt and execute SQL scripts;
- to format the query results.
No public sessions are currently scheduled. We will be pleased to set up an on-site course or to schedule an extra public session (in case of a sufficient number of candidates). Interested? Please contact ABIS.
Everyone who has:
- to write and execute SQL queries by means of SQL*Plus;
- to generate reports.
Participants should be familiar with a relational database (see course SQL and relational databases fundamentals)
- Basic principles:
- Relational database • table • line • column • index • domain
- The SQL*Plus environment:
- Commands to edit, to execute and to handle
- Configuration of the environment • user variables • prompt interaction • bind variables • refcursors
- Formatting of the result • columns • regrouping • titles
- Data manipulation - the SELECT statement:
- Basic syntax: select - from - where - group by -having - order by • operators and expressions • predicates • NULL • scalar functions in Oracle • column functions
- Data manipulation • INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE statement
Classroom instruction. Demonstrations and exercises.
Kris Van Thillo.
|SESSION INFO AND ENROLMENT|