Android application development
After this course you will be able to do your own Android application development to publish application on the Google Android market or on your custom Android embedded board.
We look at the Android Architecture. Through theory and exercises we cover all major parts of the API and run applications with interface and in background. In an interactive manner, you will be able to get direct feedback.
At the end of this course, you will be ready to work on Android projects.
No public sessions are currently scheduled. We will be pleased to set up an on-site course or to schedule an extra public session (in case of a sufficient number of candidates). Interested? Please contact ABIS.
Android application developers.
Programming experience in Java (see Java programming) is absolutely required. Computer experience with Windows and/or Linux system.
- Android Overview
- Installing Android SDK and Hello Android
- Android Application Model
- Bigger Helloworld Application
- Android Interface Library, Views, Widgets, relationship, dynamic layouts, events and event listeners
- Static XML layouts, custom Views, Options and Context Menu's, Adapters, Http, Dialogs and notifications
- Application Data, SQLite Database, manage db connections, Cursors and CursorAdapters
- GPS recording, Google Maps Overlays, Camera and SD Card access, Activities
- ContentProviders, Services and Intents, Notification Bar
- BroadcastReceivers, Background thread
- SMS, register sensors, motion detection
In a 50 to 60% lab-time approach, you will get direct hands-on experience, how to avoid pitfalls and get up and running quickly. For this course, all participants will receive an Android based device so they can continue their projects after the course.
Intensive course - high pace!
|SESSION INFO AND ENROLMENT|