OS X server essentials
This course gives the skills, tools, and knowledge to implement and maintain a network that uses OS X Server. Students learn how to install and configure OS X Server to provide network-based services, such as file sharing, web and wikis. Tools for efficiently managing and deploying OS X are also covered.
What you will learn:
- The features of OS X Server v10.7
- How to configure essential services on OS X Server
- How to use OS X Server tools to monitor and troubleshoot services
- Effective use of OS X Server to manage a small network of Macintosh computers and users
- How to manage access to files and services
- How to prepare for Apple Certified Technical Coordinator certification
No public sessions are currently scheduled. We will be pleased to set up an on-site course or to schedule an extra public session (in case of a sufficient number of candidates). Interested? Please contact ABIS.
This course is designed for help desk specialists, technical coordinators, and entry-level system administrators who implement and maintain networks using OS X Server.
- Understanding of OS X
- Experience with OS X in a network environment
- Basic OS X troubleshooting experience (see OS X support essentials).
- Installing and Configuring OS X Server
Installation, initial configuration, server administration tools, and troubleshooting installation issues.
- Authenticating and Authorizing Accounts
Creating and administering accounts, controlling access (ACLs), and troubleshooting.
- Using Open Directory
Configuring Open Directory, single sign-on, backing up directory data, troubleshooting Open Directory, and an introduction to Kerberos.
- Using File Services
Configuring and troubleshooting Apple File Service, share points for Windows users, NFS, network mounts, and FTP; case sensitivity issues.
- Managing Web Services
Hosting multiple web sites on a single server, providing WebDAV access to files.
- Using Collaborative Services
Setting up and configuring wikis and blogs, providing iChat and iCal services to assist people working together, and configuring Address Book service to share contact information amongst multiple computers.
- Implementing Deployment Solutions
Configuring and troubleshooting NetBoot/Network Install to deploy Mac OS X.
- Managing Accounts
Managed accounts, preference management, managed network browsing, mobile accounts, troubleshooting account management.
The course is a combination of lectures and hands-on case study exercises that provide practical real-world experience.
Students can take the OS X Server Essentials 10.7 exam - one of two exams required for Apple Certified Technical Coordinator (ACTC) 10.7 certification.
|SESSION INFO AND ENROLMENT|