SQL Server database administration for Oracle DBAs
This four-day course provides students with Oracle DBA knowledge and skills all expertise required to be able to setup and manage a Microsoft SQL Server system. This interactive course provides a quick start for the Oracle DBA to map, compare, and contrast the properties and features of an Oracle database system to those of a SQL Server database system.
At the end of this course, students:
- will be able to compare the Oracle and SQL Server architecture;
- will understand the major differences between both RDBMS implementations;
- will extend their existing competencies as Oracle DBAs to SQL Server - they will be able to manage the SQL Server system, databases, and users, manage database files by backing up or migrating to other systems; define and implement monitoring and tuning solutions for the SQL Server system.
Il n'y a pas de sessions publiques à ce moment. Nous organisons volontiers un cours en entreprise ou une session publique supplémentaire (en cas d'un nombre suffisant de participants). Intéressé? Contactez-nous.
This course is intended for experienced Oracle database administrators (DBAs) who work in a multi-vendor database environment, requiring the skills to begin supporting and maintaining a SQL Server database.
Before attending this course, participants should have thorough Oracle DBA experience (see course Oracle DBA 1 - Core competences), and be familiar with the Microsoft Windows operating system on which the database will run.
- Installing and configuring SQL Server 2014
- SQL Server Overview - Instance and Database architecture - Data Dictionary - Memory and Process architecture
- Creating Databases
- Database Architecture - Storage options (Files and Filegroups) - Schema objects - Database options
- Backup and Restore
- Logins en users - Permissions - Encryption
- Indexing - Read consistency (locking, blocking en isolation levels) - Monitoring - Tools
- Database tuning
- Import and Export
- Bcp - Bulk Insert - Import/export wizard - Introduction in Integration Services
- Automating SQL Server
- Maintenance plans - SQL Server Agent - Jobs, Alerts, Operators
- Log shipping - Mirroring - Clustering - (Intro in) Replication
Class training alternated with focus on exercises. Participant interaction and intervention is actively encouraged.
Peter ter Braake (TrainSQL).
|INFO SESSION ET INSCRIPTION|