Oracle database administrator certification track
By obtaining an Oracle certificate, you demonstrate a thorough knowledge of the Oracle environment. Obtaining this certificate requires effort and a thorough preparation. A preparation that focuses on obtaining the certificate, but in which we want to teach the participants above all a practical understanding of the Oracle database system. Since certification should never be the only goal! So, ABIS presents this track for Oracle, preparing for formal Oracle certification.
This track will prepare your for the two exams required when focussing on the Oracle Database 12c Administrator Certified Associate (OCA) certification:
Oracle Database 12c SQL (1Z0-071)
Oracle Database 12c Administration (1Z0-062)
This track will prepare your for the first of the two exams required when focussing on the Oracle Database Administration 2019 Certified Professional certification:
Oracle Database Administration I (1Z0-082)
In this course, the participants will become familiar with:
- Technical aspects of Oracle: architecture, networking, storage, utilities, backup and recovery,...
- Oracle Security, Auditing
- Application aspects: Oracle objects, transactions, undo management, performance,...
- Oracle maintenance tools: overview and context
All aspects will be discussed in detail, putting them also into practice through different exercises and cases.
Il n'y a pas de sessions publiques à ce moment. Nous organisons volontiers un cours en entreprise ou une session publique supplémentaire (en cas d'un nombre suffisant de participants). Intéressé? Veuillez contacter ABIS.
Starting DBAs who want to prepare for Oracle certification, but who also want to learn how to manage an Oracle database in practice.
Participants should be familiar with the basics of relational databases and SQL (see ABIS course SQL and relational databases fundamentals).
This certification track handles both Oracle DBA topics and SQL.
- Architectural overview of Oracle Database: product stack • instance architecture • memory structures • process structures
- Installing and Creating a Database: tools for administering a database • database installation using DBCA
- Instance Management: set initialization parameters • stages of startup and shutdown • using alert log and trace files • data dictionary
- Oracle Networking: configuring listeners • shared server architecture
- Oracle Storage: tablespaces • datafiles • segments • extents • blocks • space management
- Oracle Security: creating users • grant and revoke privileges • create and manage roles and profiles • database auditing
- DDL and Schema Objects: tables • data types • constraints • indexes • views • synonyms • sequences • PL/SQL objects
- DML and Concurrency: DML statements • transactions • locking • undo management
- Writing queries: filtering • sorting • functions • grouping • joins • subqueries • set operators
- Backup and Recovery "basics": instance recovery • preparing database for recoverability • flash recovery area • types of backups • RMAN basics • data recovery advisor
- Moving data: SQL*Loader • external tables • datapump
- The AWR and the Alert System: automatic workload repository • database advisory framework • alert system
- Performance Tuning: managing memory • fixing invalid/unusable objects
The implementation is done on an Oracle Database installed on a Linux system using SQL*PLUS and SQL Developer.
For this track, ABIS is using a blended learning approach. Course participants will combine e-learning and self-study with classroom instructor-led training sessions.
- The self-study/e-learning will be based on e-learning modules on the internet, combined with literature from books and course handouts, all provided by ABIS.
- The classroom training sessions allow us to assess acquired knowledge, to clarify poorly-understood topics, to deepen insight into the subjects studied, and to provide for additional practices and labs. And on the final day of the track, we prep you for the actual certification exam!
All parts/modules of the certification track are well aligned, in form and content. The provided sequence of topics is well defined and described in detail. Instructors are available during classroom sessions, as well as for questions during self-study/e-learning. Assessment of the technical concepts acquired is achieved using different test methods.
Participants use their own PC - on which a virtual course environment is installed - for the entire blended learning track. This will allow them to use this course environment throughout any stage of this blended learning track.
For more information on the training approach used, please consult Blended learning.
12 days for classroom sessions with a typical elapsed time of 10 weeks.
Sandy Schillebeeckx, Kris Van Thillo.
Vrij gedetailleerde cursus waarbij het theoretische gedeelte veel gebasseerd is op weetjes. Tijd om te leren tussen de verschillende lessen mag gerust naar 20 uur worden gezet
Cursusmateriaal voldoende uitgebreid. Uitleg docent helder.
Goede en uitgebreide cursus
Inhoudelijk goed met veel parate kennis om (moeilijke) vragen te beantwoorden. Meer (eigen inzet voor) praktijkoefeningen was misschien goed geweest
|INFO SESSION ET INSCRIPTION|