CICS application programming
In this workshop, participants get an overview of the different CICS TS (Customer Information Control System Transaction Server) components which are related to the building of applications. By using this information and by doing exercises participants become familiar with the different aspects of working in a CICS environment. Message processing, data management, the use of different communication options and synchronisation are also discussed.
At the end of this course delegates will be able to write complete programs in COBOL or PL/1 using CICS 'command level' instructions.
Application programmers who need to develop CICS applications using 'command level' instructions.
- CICS coding: How to code CICS 'command level' instructions • their format, syntax and use • program preparation, development and testing
- Controlling terminals: Coding CICS programs to facilitate interactive conversation with terminals • use of Basic Mapping Support
- Error handling: CICS instructions to trap conditions, warnings or exceptions • the use of development tools and trace and debug facilities
- Interprogram communication: LINK, XCTL and RETURN • the use of communication areas, of channels and containers, of temporary storage, of transient data • automatic task initiation
- Data management: CICS instructions to read and change VSAM files • the browse commands • data base access
- Performance aspects
- Recovery: System and application recovery: the commands for commit and rollback • pseudo-conversational programming
- Distributed working • CICS and the internet • CICS and web services
About half of the time is spent on doing exercises on terminal.
4.3/5 (based on 22 evaluations; the most recent ones are shown below)
La fin du cours s'est accélérée à cause du manque du temps et donc un mangue d'examples pratiques
||(N.N., UNMS/NVSM, )|
très bonne, on démarre bien des bases vers du plus avancé
||(François Lambert, )|
Le cours m'a permis d'apprendre bcp de chose
Très bien. Bien expliqué et professeur très patient.
Enrollees for this training also took the following courses:
|SESSION INFO AND ENROLMENT|