SQL advanced course
SQL has been around for a long time, but it is by all means a modern language: it evolves constantly and entails a lot more possibilities than it traditionally did.
Applications are becoming more demanding than before in their use of database systems like Oracle, Db2, SQL Server, PostgreSQL ... and the SQL used by data warehouse BI-tools (e.g. Business Objects) and ERP solutions (e.g. SAP, Siebel) is also becoming more advanced.
Questions that we try to answer during this advanced SQL training are:
- How will we cope with these modern - often dynamic - SQL statements?
- How to write SQL queries which are as readable and as maintainable as possible?
- Can we take advantage of relatively new standard SQL features, which could provide interesting possibilities?
- Can we use unknown SQL-syntactic features that can simplify existing SQL code, or make it more readable and more efficient?
Do you accept the challenge? By using very concrete SQL examples and exercises, we show that the possibilities of the extended SQL tool set may have an important positive impact.
No public sessions are currently scheduled. We will be pleased to set up an on-site course or to schedule an extra public session (in case of a sufficient number of candidates). Interested? Please contact ABIS.
This training is intended for users and developers for database systems like e.g. Oracle, Db2, SQL Server, MySQL, MariaDB, PostgreSQL, Hive, ...
A good knowledge of SQL is required (see e.g. our SQL workshop). You can test for yourself to see if you have enough background by filling out the on-line self-test.
- Overview of the reference material for the SQL standard and of the different RDBMS platforms
- Nested Selects, Common Table Expressions ("WITH" clause), and correlated references in a nested select
- Clever ways to combine inner and outer joins
- "Time travel" queries
- Where clause: predicates, regular expressions, and some unexpected side effects of NULL values
- A first encounter with OLAP functions (for a.o. ranking and windowing)
- Possible applications of the Order By and Fetch First clauses; pagination
- Select from Insert, Update, Delete
- Update and Delete with correlated subqueries
- The Merge statement
- Recursive SQL
Using several examples and giving lots of exercises, you will be guided step by step through this material. After the training, you get access to our on-line database environment, so you can practise at home/work.
Peter Vanroose, Arnout Veugelen.
3.9/5 (based on 74 evaluations; the most recent ones are shown below)
The course pointed out a lot of new stuffs I wasn't aware of.
||(Paschal Ovaga, )|
A great course. Highly recommended!
The course was good but instead of doing it in one day it could have been devided in two days for 4 hours each , that way we might have not been too exhausted.
||(Neha Kumari, Rabobank Nederland, )|
Goede duidelijke cursus.
||(N.N., APG, )|
zeer kundige en enthousiaste docent. veel facetten van sql besproken
||(N.N., APG, )|
goed, maar moeilijk
||(N.N., xperthis, )|
goede cursus, gegeven door docent met veel kennis
Zoals de naam al zegt is dit een advanced cursus. Voor mij persoonlijk was deze net iets te advanced en had ik beter een eenvoudigere versie gevolgd
Click here to see more comments...
Prima, geeft voldoende aanknopingspunten om verder zelf aan de slag te gaan.
||(N.N., ING - Hullenbergweg, )|
Prima. Goede uitleg, duidelijk.
||(Hans Schreurs, )|
Le cours dans l'ensemble est pertinent et bien structuré. La documentation est de qualité. Si je devais vraiment apporter des points d'amélioration, ce serait d'étaler ce cours sur deux jours pour couvrir au mieux la théorie et pratique.
|SESSION INFO AND ENROLMENT|