COBOL programming - part 2
The training COBOL Programming is composed of 2 separate courses: in Part 1 the participant becomes familiar with the basic COBOL programming techniques, in Part 2 the more advanced topics are treated.
At the end of Part 2, the participant:
- knows the complete COBOL syntax;
- is able to develop, debug and execute COBOL programs.
This course is also available as a combined course (Parts 1 and 2); see COBOL programming: fundamentals course.
No public sessions are currently scheduled. We will be pleased to set up an on-site course or to schedule an extra public session (in case of a sufficient number of candidates). Interested? Please contact ABIS.
Programmers who are already familiar with the basics of the COBOL language and want to deepen this knowledge.
Basic knowledge of the COBOL language. See Part 1 of this training (COBOL programming - part 1).
- Treatment of files:
- detailed description of the use of files in COBOL • error handling.
- Table treatment:
- single and multiple dimensional arrays • index • SEARCH.
- External submodules:
- description of the necessary requirements of main and submodules.
- static and dynamic linking.
- Text manipulation:
- the instructions STRING, UNSTRING, and INSPECT.
- Advanced topics:
- intrinsic functions
- working with copybooks.
- nesting of programs
- pointers in COBOL
- advanced use of files.
Classroom instruction. 70% of the time is spent on programming practice though guided exercises. Worked out solutions are delivered together with the course material.
Peter Vanroose, Guido Indesteege.
|SESSION INFO AND ENROLMENT|