The customer's wishes are not always clear enough to design a system straight away. This training will teach you to make the translation of a customer's requirement into the eventual system run smoother, with less faults.
During the course all aspects of designing a system are trained, from the first requirement to the final system design. Theory on designing systems and design phases will be trained thoroughly. The training is based on the LAD-method (Linear Application Development).
After the course attendees will be able to describe and analyse the customer's requirements better, and will also be able to translate this into a system that can be built accordingly. This will reduce the risk of faults. Preventing faults in this stage will prevent a project to be out of control.
No public sessions are currently scheduled. We will be pleased to set up an on-site course or to schedule an extra public session (in case of a sufficient number of candidates). Interested? Please contact ABIS.
This training is meant for professionals with some design experience, who desire to design high quality systems.
Project experience is useful as is knowing a design tool and its use.
- Introduction participants
- Introduction training, course objectives
- Structure of the IT-client consultation
- Theory of functional analysis and design basics
- Data model
- Design of the data model of case 1
- Elaboration of the design technique, adaptations of the architecture
- Normalization of the global data model.
- Characteristics of a global data model versus a technical data model
- Preparation for the technical implementation such as integrity, performance and consistency of the design
- The data model of case 1 is being refined. The data model of case 2 is built
- Finishing the data model of case 1 and case 2
- Conversion of the old to the new system (data)
- Process model
- Introduction to process modelling
- Start of the process model of cases 1 and 2
- Elaboration of the process model of case 1
- Description of interface design for the new system, Enterprise Service Bus, Architecture
- Further elaboration of the process model of case 1
- Combining the process model and the data model
- Testing the global model (data model/process model)
- Testing of systems: what has to be done, what makes sense, what is less important, explanation
- Combining the process model and the data model.
- Adapting the data models of case 1 and case 2 based on the process model
Classroom training with interactive exercises. Attendees work in small groups on a systems design, that will be built up from the customer's requirements up to the end report. During the training 2 case studies are used.
Stevense Professional Trainers.
||(Hong Phue Nguyen Huu, )|
Very good - teacher knows subject very well and is knowledgable
||(Johan Visker, )|
Very good, learned and heard what I expected - well explained
||(N.N., ING België, )|
Good and very useful - gave me good first insight in functional analysis
|SESSION INFO AND ENROLMENT|