ISTQB Certified Tester - Foundation Level (CTFL)
Software Testing is part of the development life cycle. Testing has become indispensable when it comes to assess the quality of the software product and to help making the right management decisions.
The course will provide insight in the fundamentals of testing: what is testing and why should one test, the fundamental test process, what it is and how the different steps in the process map on different software development models. It will also explain the different test levels (or test phases) and test types.
After this overview of the fundamental test process, techniques will be presented on how to perform static and dynamic testing. These techniques are useful for both the developer and the tester.
Some objectives for test management will be presented, covering topics like organising your testing and test team, planning the test process, monitoring and controlling the progress and reporting about these. It will also give some background on risks and how to control them.
And to conclude, an overview of different test tools will be provided, with benefits and risks and a way to introduce such a tool into an organisation.
Please note that this course does not focus on a specific project (Prince2, PMP, ...) development (RUP, XP, DSDM, ...) or test (TMap, TestFrame, STBox, ...) methodology, the principles taught here can be applied to any existing methodology.
This training, which is officially called ISTQB Certified Tester Foundation Level (CTFL), is accredited by ISTQB.
At the end of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Use a common language for efficient and effective communication with other testers and project stakeholders.
- Understand established testing concepts, the fundamental test process, test approaches, and principles to support test objectives.
- Design and prioritize tests by using established techniques; analyze both functional and non-functional specifications (such as performance and usability) at all test levels for systems with a low to medium level of complexity.
- Execute tests according to agreed test plans, and analyze and report on the results of tests.
- Write clear and understandable incident reports.
- Effectively participate in reviews of small to medium-sized projects.
Be familiar with different types of testing tools and their uses; assist in the selection and implementation process.
On top of that, if you pass the exam, you will hold the ISTQB® CTFL certificate
No public sessions are currently scheduled. We will be pleased to set up an on-site course or to schedule an extra public session (in case of a sufficient number of candidates). Interested? Please let us know.
- Everyone new to the testing business
- Experienced testers who require a theoretical background
- Developers interested in testing.
- Project leaders/managers requiring more insight in testing
- Everyone who wants to prepare for the ISTQB Foundation examination in software testing
Having general system development skills is helpful.
The course is structured the same way as the ISTQB Foundation syllabus and the ISTQB Foundation book. This way the students are able to relate the topics covered in the course to both the syllabus and the book.
- Introduction to software testing.
- Fundamental test process & psychology of testing.
- Testing identified within different software development models & maintenance testing.
- Reviews and static analysis tools.
- Black box, white box and experience based test design techniques.
- Test management: organising, estimating, planning and controlling your test process.
- Tool support: how can tools support your test process.
- Intructor-led classroom training with practical labs. Optionally, the exam can be taken at the end of the third course day. Alternatively, a computer-based exam can be scheduled on a date and location of choice.
- The Virtual Classroom-version of this training combines online self-study with 3 live virtual classroom sessions.
TTL.be (accredited ISTQB training provider).
|SESSION INFO AND ENROLMENT|