ISPF/PDF: efficient use
During this course particpants learn:
- to use ISPF/PDF efficiently, as well as navigating between different screens and using the correct options;
- to manage the ISPF environment in practice;
- the extensive possibilities of the editor;
- to make use of the basic-utilities and commands.
No public sessions are currently scheduled. We will be pleased to set up an on-site course or to schedule an extra public session (in case of a sufficient number of candidates). Interested? Please contact ABIS.
Each participant who is going to use ISPF/PDF: programmers, analysts, job schedulers, system programmers and users.
Some general knowledge on the ISPF editor is necessary (see course ISPF/PDF basics). You can test yourself to see if you have enough background by printing and filling in the self-test ( PDF file - 26 KB).
- Overview of TSO and ISPF:
logon procedure • TSO and ISPF dataset naming
- ISPF user customization:
definition and utilisation of the PF keys and labels • log and list dataset • key lists • navigation possibilities
- Edit advanced topics:
concatenation of libraries • defined find commands: picture strings, use of labels • use of exclude commands • text entry, text split and text flow • recursive edition • tabulations • sort • edit profile: line numbers, autosave, recovery, masks... • highlighting • compare
- Utilities for dataset manipulation:
allocate, library utility, dataset list, compare and search-for utility
- Some frequently used TSO and ISPF commands:
HELP, ALLOCATE, FREE, LISTALC, TRANSMIT/RECEIVE
This is a mainly practical course: most of the time is spent on practical exercises.
an ABIS instructor.
|SESSION INFO AND ENROLMENT|