Db2 for LUW fundamentals course
Db2 for Linux, Unix and Windows (Db2 for LUW in short; previously also called Db2 UDB) is a database platform of IBM. (For the IBM mainframe platform, see Db2 for z/OS fundamentals course instead.) This course is on level with version 10.5.
In this the course the participant learns:
- the set-up of the Db2 for LUW (Linux, UNIX and Windows) product;
- a short introduction to Data Studio as a client tool;
- the Db2 objects for data storage and manipulation;
- the simple definition of databases and tables;
- the client set-up and the catalogue of databases.
This course combined with the course SQL and relational databases fundamentals gives you a complete view on Db2 for LUW as an RDBMS and learns you the basic skills to get going with this data platform.
No public sessions are currently scheduled. We will be pleased to set up an on-site course or to schedule an extra public session (in case of a sufficient number of candidates). Interested? Please contact ABIS.
Users and developers who are dealing (directly or indirectly) with Db2 for Linux, UNIX and Windows objects and data.
This fundamentals course can also be interesting as an introduction course for system managers and database administrators who are NOT familiar with Db2, and as such is a stepping-stone to the course Db2 for LUW DBA - Core competences.
Knowledge of concepts of relational databases and SQL (see course SQL and relational databases fundamentals) is expected. You can test your knowledge and current SQL skills by filling out the online self-test.
- The Db2 for LUW family- An overview
- Db2 Server products • New in V10.5 • Db2 Data Servers • Data Clients/Drivers
- Db2 Tools
- Db2 (Administration) Command Line Tools • Introduction to Data Studio • Db2 scripting
- Data Definition in Db2 for LUW (Base definitions)
- Instances • Databases
- Db2 storage objects: tablespaces, containers
- Tables • Indexes • Views • User-Defined Types • Triggers • Schemas • Packages
- Client - Server Setup
- Directories • Server setup for client access
- Configuring the Data Client/Driver
- Application Development overview
- Development, the context • Development, SQL extensions: Compound SQL and "Inline" SQL PL • PureXML
- Server-side development • Triggers • User-defined Functions (UDFs) • Stored Procedures
- How developers see it: Application interfaces to Db2 • Embedded Static SQL • Dynamic SQL • Db2 Call Level Interface (Db2 CLI) • Java Database Connectivity application (JDBC)
- Security and authorisation
- Authentication types • System level authority • Database level authority • Privileges
- Export utility • Import utility • Load utility • Explain
- Concurrency and locking
- The concurrency problem • Isolation and isolation levels • Locking mechanism
Classroom instruction with exercises.
Koen De Backer, Kris Van Thillo.
|SESSION INFO AND ENROLMENT|