Selenium for testers using Java Junit & Cucumber
As an integral part of agile methodology and practices, test automation became hot and unavoidable. This course will give you an excellent introduction into the world of test automation.
In a first stage the course establishes the basis by using the popular Selenium Webdriver to run Java tests with the use of Junit. Different element recognition and verification methods are explored and explained. You will be able to practice your automation capabilities and each of the methods in a prepared test environment.
In a second stage you will take the scripting to the next level by using Cucumber to run Gherkin scripts, a keyword driven language.
During the course we are not only focusing purely on technical implementation but also on common and best practices on how to set-up your test harness, how to use and reset test data and how to implement teardown.
Various exercises based on real-life examples will help you better understand the concepts and bring them into practice.
Agile automation testers have compiled this training to share their experience with users like you to get you kickstarted and avoid you make the same mistakes.
At the end of this course, the participant will:
- have insight how a state-of-the art website is built
- have practical experience setting up Java tests supported by Junit
- be able to create Cucumber key-word driven scenarios
- know how to initiate Java tests trough cucumber
- be able to interact with a web app through Selenium Webdriver
- know how to use different selectors to find and validate different web page elements
Momenteel zijn er voor deze cursus geen publieke sessies gepland. Graag organiseren we een bedrijfssessie voor u of een extra publieke sessie (bij voldoende belangstelling). Geïnteresseerd? Laat het ons weten.
- Persons wanting to know more on test automation with Selenium, Junit and Cucumber.
- Technical persons wanting to know more on automation with Selenium, Junit and Cucumber
- Basic website (HTML, CSS, DOM) knowledge. See HTML en CSS
- Basic programming knowledge (programming structures, object oriented programming). See Programming fundamentals and OO concepts and techniques
- Basic SQL and database knowledge. See SQL and relational databases fundamentals
- Basic test terminology knowledge. See ISTQB Certified Tester - Foundation Level (CTFL)
- Basic software lifecycle knowledge
- Automation Basics
- Training environment
- GUI element selection + exercise
- Parameter Input + exercise
- Assertions using Junit + exercise
- Data driven testing + exercise
- Keyword driven testing + exercise
- Test execution report
- Connecting to a database + exercise
Instructor-led classroom training with practical labs. The course offers access to a pre-configured system under test. Students should bring a laptop with local admin rights.
|SESSIE-INFO EN INSCHRIJVEN|