Java SE advanced course
In this course, the participant will deepen his knowledge of the Java programming language to build well structured, high performant, distributed applications. We will focus on topics like String handling and formatting, i18n, NIO2, functional programming, logging, testing, performance and multithreading.
No public sessions are currently scheduled. We will be pleased to set up an on-site course or to schedule an extra public session (in case of a sufficient number of candidates). Interested? Please contact ABIS.
Developers who are going to use Java to build well structured applications on a Java SE platform.
Participants should be familiar (at least 3 months of practice) with the basic Java SE environment (see course Java programming).
- Working with Strings: formatting, searching, tokenizing regular expressions, StringBuilder
- Comparing Objects
- Java SE8 DateTime API, I18N, Date and Number formatting
- Advanced Functional Programming: predefined functional interfaces, advanced stream topics, use of Optional
- Advanced I/O topics: I/O in Java 8, File Attributes, directory walking and searching, parsing XML, intro to web scraping using jsoup
- Logging and Testing basics
- Design Patterns and Performance
- Extra topics (depending on the interests of the participants):
- Multithreading and Concurrency: concurrent collections, thread interaction, Executors and ThreadPools, Fork/Join framework, parallel streams
- Presentation: Swing API
- Communication: Sockets, RMI, serialization and deserialization
Classroom instruction and demonstrations. A lot of time is spent on exercises.
4.0/5 (based on 25 evaluations; the most recent ones are shown below)
door docent goed aangesloten bij kennisniveau van de groep
||(N.N., APG, )|
Cours très interessant !
||(N.N., Bisnode Belgium, )|
Très bon cours
Enrollees for this training also took the following courses:
|SESSION INFO AND ENROLMENT|