Java SE advanced course
In this course, the participant will deepen his knowledge of the Java programming language to build well structured, high performant, distributed applications. We will focus on topics like String handling and formatting, i18n, NIO2, functional programming, logging, testing, generics and multithreading.
No public sessions are currently scheduled. We will be pleased to set up an on-site course or to schedule an extra public session (in case of a sufficient number of candidates). Interested? Please contact ABIS.
Developers who are going to use Java to build well structured applications on a Java SE platform.
Participants should be familiar (at least 3 months of practice) with the basic Java SE environment (see course Java programming).
- Advanced Functional Programming: predefined functional interfaces, advanced stream topics, use of Optional
- Comparing objects with equals() and hashCode()
- Collections and Generics : collections and functional programming, generics
- Working with Strings: String vs. StringBuilder, formatting, tokenizing
- Java SE8 DateTime API, Localization and I18N, Date and Number formatting
- Advanced I/O topics: I/O in Java 8, Files and Paths, I/O enhancements in Java SE8, file attributes, moving and copying files, directory walking and searching
- Multithreading and Concurrency: concurrent collections, thread interaction, Executors and ThreadPools, parallel streams
- Logging and Testing basics
Classroom instruction and demonstrations. A lot of time is spent on exercises.
|SESSION INFO AND ENROLMENT|