SOA & web services concepts
Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) is nowadays the main architectural style for business applications. It promotes loose coupling and interoperability, so that end-to-end business applications can easily be built from a set of business-aligned services. (SOAP) Web services and REST APIs are the most common implementations of these SOA ideas.
In this course participants get an overview of SOA principles: the concepts, the standards, the products and implementations. The evolution from the (classic) SOAP web services to REST APIs and microservices will be discussed.
Analysts, application developers, database administrators or project leaders wanting to situate SOA and web services.
A general knowledge about internet and XML (see XML concepts) is required.
- Introduction to Application Development and Services
- Application development and distributed computing
- Evolutions in program design; exchanging messages
- Webservices and SOA basics; overview of XML; standards and standard bodies
- RESTful services and APIs basics
- Classic Web services with SOAP and WSDL
- SOAP, WSDL and UDDI
- SOA security concerns
- RESTful services and APIs
- Alternative to SOAP/XML: REST and JSON; Microservices
- Describing and discovering RESTful services / APIs
- RESTful security
- Implementing web services
- Tools and Platforms; some Java examples
- SOA in the Enterprise
- Service Delivery Lifecycle; SOA design patterns
- SOA governance and policies
- Organizing the traffic with ESB
- Orchestration and choreography
- business processes; BPEL
Classroom instruction and demonstrations.
Sandy Schillebeeckx, Guido Indesteege.
Bon cours pour des Web services (Introduction + Technique). Le professeur connait bien les web services et explique bien cette partie. Vue global le matin concernant les WS et concept global SOA.
OK qua opleiding XML + concepten SOA. Wat meer praktijkgericht. Bv. SOAPUI of design zou meerwaarde bieden
||(N.N., AXA Bank Belgium, )|
Goed, maar soms high level. Liever cursus over 2 dagen en wat dieper ingaan op alles
||(Bert Nuyts, AXA Bank Belgium, )|
|SESSION INFO AND ENROLMENT|