This course focuses on how to build applications using Scala, a general-purpose programming language that provides support for functional programming and a strong static type system.
During this training, the participants will gain insight into the unique features of Scala, while combining functional programming with objects and classes.
Application developers who wish to learn object oriented programming and functional programming in Scala 2.x.
Experience with an other programming language (e.g. Java or Python) is required.
- Introduction to Scala
- Basic Scala programming syntax: variables, loops, conditions
- Functional programming: principles
- Mutable and immutable objects
- Scala sequence objects (lists, arrays, ...) and collections(map, sets, ...); iterables
- Functions; anonymous functions; recursive functions; higher-order functions
- Classes, Objects, and Traits
- Packages and imports; using standard Java libraries
- OO programming in Scala: creating your own classes and objects; case classes
- Refactoring from imperative style to a functional programming style
- Pattern matching and regular expressions
Theoretical foundations with demonstrations. There is plenty of time provided for practical exercises.
The presentation is Ok: but not enough time to go through all the topics
It was good, I managed to get the basics of the language.
Great course, brought back many fond memories from University while solving the exercises.
|SESSION INFO AND ENROLMENT|