Mainframe track for system professionals
Participants become familiar with the z/OS mainframe environment and the most important products and subsystems. At the end of this track, the participant:
- has a clear overview of the characteristics of the mainframe. He/she becomes familiar with the interactive TSO/ISPF interface and the batch environment (JCL, SDSF);
- is able to support different kinds of applications on a MVS mainframe, using the REXX language,
- is familiar with the transaction monitor (IMS/DC and/or CICS) and with Java applications running in a USS (e.g. WebSphere) environment, and knows how to support them;
- has a good understanding of data organisation and data management in general, and the Db2 database in particular.
- is familiar with the data management (hardware and software) and other system related system management tasks: e.g. security (RACF), tuning (WLM), recovery, ....
ABIS can provide a personal evaluation.
No public sessions are currently scheduled. We will be pleased to set up an on-site course or to schedule an extra public session (in case of a sufficient number of candidates). Interested? Please contact ABIS.
Everyone likely to become a support professional in a z/OS mainframe environment.
No specific background is required.
This track is based on the basic ABIS courses. All courses are fine tuned. The knowledge obtained will be elaborated on.
- Mainframe computing introduction
- ISPF/PDF basics
- MVS and z/OS overview
- ISPF/PDF: efficient use
- MVS and ISPF utilities
- z/OS subsystems
- Understanding RACF
- Storage management administration & exploitation
- Parallel Sysplex concepts & facilities
- TSO/E REXX
- Using Tivoli Workload Scheduler (OPC)
- z/OS UNIX System Services part 1 - concepts & facilities
Theoretical concepts are illustrated with numerous examples and demos. Participants are invited to exercise the knowledge obtained.
typically 24 days (depends on the modules that will be followed).
ABIS, RSM Technology.
|SESSION INFO AND ENROLMENT|