Mainframe track for developers
Participants become familiar with the MVS mainframe environment and the most important products and subsystems. At the end of this track, the participant:
- has a clear overview of the characteristics of the mainframe. He/she becomes familiar with the most important components: the ISPF interface, the editor, the compiler, JCL, SDSF, ...;
- is able to develop applications independently in COBOL/PL/I on a MVS mainframe,
- is familiar with the transaction monitor (IMS/DC and CICS) and knows how to use it;
- has a thorough training in the use of Db2 - the basic characteristics and the use of interactive and embedded SQL.
ABIS can provide a personal evaluation.
No public sessions are currently scheduled. We will be pleased to set up an on-site course or to schedule an extra public session (in case of a sufficient number of candidates). Interested? Please let us know.
Everyone likely to become a developer in an MVS mainframe environment.
No specific background is required.
This track is based on the basic ABIS courses. All courses are fine tuned. The knowledge obtained will be elaborated on.
- Computing concepts
- Programming fundamentals
- COBOL programming - part 1 and COBOL programming - part 2 or PL/I programming: fundamentals course
- ISPF/PDF: efficient use
- Optional: Data-structured programming
- MVS and z/OS overview
- SQL and relational databases fundamentals
- Db2 for z/OS fundamentals course
- SQL workshop
- CICS application programming or IMS/TM application programming
- Db2 for z/OS advanced programming
- IBM MQ fundamentals course
- Mainframe case study
- Optional: IMS/DB application programming
Participants can spend a lot of time on exercises the knowledge obtained; at the end of the track that knowledge is used in a case study, during which team work is very important.
Typically 35 days (depends on the modules that will be followed).
an ABIS instructor.
|SESSION INFO AND ENROLMENT